Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I'm Gonna Be Published!

Wednesday, March 16, 2011
Some time late last year I got an email from an editor at Quirk Books publishing company (Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, Creepy Cute Crochet, Witch Craft) asking for my contribution to their new book, Micro Crafts, due to be released in Fall 2011. I think I almost fainted. I knew I wasn't entirely grasping the reality of the idea then, but things are moving so fast now - the contract's signed, the deliverables have been sent, photos have been taken and now we're into marketing the book to popular bookstores across the United States.

Here are some cupcakes I sent them:

Personally, swirly top cupcakes are not my favorite but I see how cute they can be if their proportions are done right!


I sent them a batch of cupcakes and lollipops this week that they can include in their sales kits to the bookstores. I am beyond excited. I wondered how the editor found my work and my website, but soon found that it was from purely organic search. At the time I was using Sarah Neuber's Jewelry Shop which I found to be a very impressive ecommerce theme for Wordpress. It's totally SEO-optimized-out and in just a couple of days of putting up the website I found myself on first pages for a lot of relevant keywords! 

I've moved on into a different ecommerce system now (how many times is she going to keep changing her website!?) but that's another story for another day! 

7 comments:

Toñi Buendia said...

NICE BLOG!!I INVITE YOU TO SEE MY BLOG!! KISSES FROM SPAIN

Hanna said...

Thats great, congrats! And your cupcakes looks so delicious!

Hugs ~Miniature chef~

Irit said...

Congratulations, my dear! You certainly deserve it. :-D

*Doing a happy dance*

magdalena said...

Congratulations! Your're doing a great job! I love your tiny jewellery. :)

Mira said...

That's awesome!!!!! I'm so excited for you! ^_^ *Super huggles*

Jana said...

That is so great! I can't wait to see it :)

Maria Blanca "AyamontinoMaria" said...

Your cupcakes are fantastic! Congratulations!